Progressive Web Apps
There may be a time where you may have had to make a decision between having a native mobile application or a responsive web application. You might find that the native mobile app has a few nice extra features that your responsive website doesn't provide. For example, sending a notification to a user or work offline while there is no internet. But is it worth spending thousands of hard earned cash just to have these few extra features? And don't forget this cost will easily double or triple if you had to have your app work on an Apple device, Android device and also a Windows device. You probably started wondering why Progressive Web Apps aren't used far and wide. Even though the technology has been around for a while now, with the new HTML5 introduced it has become easier to implement.
What is a progressive web app?
A progressive web application takes advantage of the latest technologies to combine the best of web and mobile apps. Think of it as a website built using web technologies but that acts and feels like an app. Recent advancements in the browser and in the availability of service workers and in the Cache and Push APIs have enabled web developers to allow users to install web apps to their home screen, receive push notifications and even work offline.. Works on all devices
Some of the best features of Progressive Web Apps (PWA's); - Installable. A progressive web app can be installed on the device’s home screen, making it readily available.
- Progressive. By definition, a progressive web app must work on any device and enhance progressively, taking advantage of any features available on the user’s device and browser.
- Discoverable. Because a progressive web app is a website, it should be discoverable in search engines. This is a major advantage over native applications, which still lag behind websites in searchability.
- App-like. A progressive web app should look like a native app and be built on the application shell model, with minimal page refreshes.
- Offline. It works offline.
- Push Notification. Mobile app users are more likely to reuse their apps, and progressive web apps are intended to achieve the same goals through features such as push notifications.
- Installable. A progressive web app can be installed on the device’s home screen, making it readily available.
- All Way Up To Date. Every time new content is published the user will get the latest content soon as they have an internet connection available.
- Safe. Because progressive web apps all network requests can be intercepted through service workers and also it has to be hosted over HTTPS it prevents man-in-the-middle attacks.
In my opinion, progressive web apps will be the future of all website and apps as you will never need to develop website and apps separately, which saves time and money. There are a few browsers that do not support WPA}'s at the moment. These browsers are Safari and Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge has is now in development mode but Safari which is the main browser on all apple devices has no plans just yet..
We don't just build web applications , websites , e-commerce sites we also maintain them. We do all the backups and any updates / changes required.
© 2020 Ai-WebSolutions
Online Request Forms
Web Site: ai-websolutions.com
Call: 020 3875 8055
Design By Ai-Websolutions